How to Apply
If you are thinking of applying to the program, I invite you to contact me to discuss the application process and fellowship opportunities. I can be reached by email at email@example.com or phone at 212-851-0261.
November 1: Early application deadline with fellowship consideration
January 15: Deadline for admission with fellowship consideration
February 15: Final deadline for admission
1. Completed Online Application Form
2. Application Fee of $95 USD
3. Quantitative Resume
- The SIPA curriculum requires the completion of rigorous quantitative courses and we want to make sure applicants provide as much information as possible about their quantitative aptitude, experience, and capabilities. This can include work in mathematics, statistics, economics, engineering, natural or computer science, etc. as well as the use of quantitative methods in a professional environment (paid, volunteer,or intern work is acceptable)
4. Standard CV
5. Standardized Test Scores
- GRE (Graduate Record Examination) or GMAT (Graduate Managment Admission Test) score (results from a date within the five years of application) for all applicants. GRE Code: 2161 (do not list a department code)
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) exam. International students who did not earn an undergraduate degree from an institution in which all instruction is conducted in English must take either the TOEFL or the IELTS and submit results from a date within two years of application. *Applicants must successfully achieve a minimum score of 100 on the TOEFL, IELTS scores must meet a minimum of 7.0.TOEFL code is 2161
6. Three Letters of Recommendation written by teachers or professional colleagues who are well positioned to comment on your intellectual strengths and professional promise.
7. Personal Statement: Please elaborate on why you have chosen to apply to the MPA in Environmental Science and Policy program. How will the combination of science and policy help shape your future career path and what do you hope to do following the completion of the degree? (600 words maximum)
- List every undergraduate and graduate institution you have ever attended and provide a transcript for each.