How to Apply
Prospective students apply online to the School of International and Public Affairs, selecting the “Summer” term option and the “MPA-ESP” program. Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree or evidence of equivalent preparation. Some math and science preparation is helpful, but it is not required to succeed in the program. We advise those applicants who lack basic knowledge of calculus, chemistry, and biology to make up these deficiencies before entering the program.
- Statement of Purpose: please provide a clear, focused and well-written statement of your goals as they relate to the program (600 words maximum).
- Academic Resume that outlines your quantitative skills, including aptitude, academic, and professional experience. Because the curriculum requires rigorous quantitative coursework, it is important that the admissions committee have as much information as possible about applicants’ quantitative aptitude, experience, and capabilities. This information may include coursework in mathematics, statistics, economics, engineering, natural or computer science, etc., as well as quantitative methods in a professional environment (paid, volunteer or internship work is acceptable.)
- Standard CV
- Transcripts from every undergraduate and graduate institution you have ever attended.
- Application Fee of $95 USD
- Completed Online Application form
- Standardized Test Scores
- GRE (Graduate Record Examination) or GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) score (results from a date within the five years of application) for all applicants. GRE Code: 2161 (do not list a department code). (GRE waivers may be requested via the online application system)
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) exam. International students, who did not earn an undergraduate degree from an institution in which all instruction was conducted in English, must take either the TOEFL or the IELTS. Test results must be no more than two years old. Applicants must successfully achieve a minimum score of 110 on the TOEFL, and a minimum score of 7.0 in the IELTS.TOEFL code is 2161
- Three letters of recommendation written by teachers or professional colleagues, who are well positioned to comment on your intellectual strengths and professional promise.